1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Dodge Dakota plow setup

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dakotaman, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Dakotaman

Dakotaman Junior Member

Anyone with info about plow setups (preferably meyer) I bought used plow but cant find mounting parts for MD11 frame
  2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Here is another in regards to Light Plows for Compact Trucks:
    As long as your Meyer comes in under 500#s with the mount installed then you might be alright. Also add some Salt and a Bed Extender or Cargo holder out back to act as a ballast. My Salter does that for me quite well. Good Luck with your search.

PS Remember to have a Tow Packaged equipped Dakota or a Trans Cooler installed.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

I'm planning on a Western midweight for mine, next season.
  4. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

The Western Midweight Poly 7'6" comes in a 27" Blade Height, but weighs in at 532# WO the mount. If your not a fan of the Snoway Plows because of the clear Poly, then go with the Snoway SS which in a 26" 7'6" which comes in at 474#s WO the mount.

Blizzard also has a 7'6" 29" Blade Height for 465#s in Poly. You might want to modify the mounting bracket to gain clearance from scraping... but still a much better option then the other light duty plows that average 22" in height, and lighter then 500#s for those commercial based plows that start at 26" in height.

Meyers STL in 7'6" comes in at 25" blade height, but still weighs over 520# WO the mount. The Fisher 7'6" comes in at 26" but is still considered non commercial and weighs at 487# WO the mount. Since most mounts ~ 60# according to Fisher, you can see all your options out, and figure which is the best way to go...
  5. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

Thanks for info :drinkup:

I don't have a problem with Snoway or Blizzard, I've always had Western and Meyers.