1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Dodge 1500 wiring question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JR Snow Removal, Dec 3, 2009.

1. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I have everything hooked up except the double burn wire on the tag it says go to the neg for 99-02 and then positive for newer but my question is 02 1500 where the first year for the new body and then they all switched to the new body in 03. So do I go by what it says or go with my gut feeling and go with the positive? Thanks in advance :salute:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Before you connect the red/white DB wire test the headlamps to see if the highs and lows on both plow and truck work correctly first. If they do, which way do you have the vehicle option connector, standard or reversed?

If they don't work correctly, flip the VOC and see if they work now (should). So now which way is it?

If you end up with it in the standard orientation connect the DB wire to the positive battery terminal. If it ends up reversed, place it on the negative terminal.

But don't be surprised if your DB function doesn't work once you're done if you end up with the reversed orientation. The '99-'02 Dodges have issues with the DB working correctly without some additional wiring modifications at the relays.
  3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Thanks B&B, I will try that tonight