1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Chevy To 2012 Toyota Tundra

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mercer_me, Jul 30, 2014.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How much of the plow wiring can I take off my 2002 Chevy 1500 and put on my 2012 Toyota Tundra. What will I need to change besides push plates?

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

depends on what plow you had on the chevy and what plow you want now

3. mercer_me

I has a 3 plug 7.5' SD on the Chevy and I'm planning on putting a 3 plug 8' HD on the Tundra.

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Headlight harness probably

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

3 port or 4 port module

6. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I would just bring it to a shop and have them put a new 3 plug harness and push plates on, or buy a new 3 plug harness and push plates and do it yourself. When you go to sell your chevy, you can probably get more for it with it being "plow ready". Just what I would do. Great truck again mercer, I'm jealous, lol, it looks mean!!!!!

7. mercer_me

I'm going to go to my local Fisher dealer this week and see how much they would charge for all new push plates and wiring. If it's to much I'm just going to swap it over. I still honestly can't believe I ended up buying my dream truck.

8. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

You're capable of doing it yourself. It's extremely easy.

Probably a little less than 1000 in parts for a whole truck side? Check out storks auto everything is on there. Fisher for part numbers then match them up

If you buy a new plow truck side is included in the price, so keep that in mind. We paid 5k for an 8 ft western pro with rubber edge. Never priced fisher

9. mercer_me

I'm planning on pricing out new plows as well but, there are quite a few good used ones out there so, I'm going to weigh my options and go with the better deal.

10. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I know just something to think about. Most people want at least 2500 for a decent blade. Plus 1000 on truck side. So 3500 that's getting close to a new one

11. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

When I totaled my 2010 Tundra, I had my plow dealer set up the 2012 Tundra with new push plates and wiring. They are a little more expensive than other places but there work is unbelievable. They ended up charging about $1700-1800, but there work is so clean, lol, and it got paid by the check I got from the totaled truck.