1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 chevy price check

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pieperlc, Oct 11, 2013.

1. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

What would be a good price for a clean dump? Details include diesel, regular cab, fold down sides, leather, 4x4, 24000 miles. Looking to see what it's worth?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Did you miss a zero or does it have 24,000 miles?

If that's the case it's most likely worth quite a lot.

3. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Nope, got all the zeros. It's actually 23 and change. Worth $25k?? More, less?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think I would pay that much for it. It's still a 12 year old truck and that wasn't the best year for the duramax.

Maybe $17,500

5. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

When you say it wasn't the best year.....you mean? Sorry, I don't dabble in the used truck market and don't know much about diesel engines in vehicles. We have seven trucks but all are gas and all bought new.

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The one complaint about the lb7 engine is the injector life. Some go forever and many were lasting 50k or so. Pricy fix but if you do yourself not a deal breaker.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Miles help it a lot, but it's still an 11-12 year old truck. You could buy a 5 year+ newer truck for that kind of money.