1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PahlsLawnCare, Feb 22, 2008.

1. PahlsLawnCare

PahlsLawnCare Junior Member

Not bad for being in high school.

Rato 001.jpg

Rato 002.jpg

Rato 003.jpg

Rato 004.jpg
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

looks good i see your in minnetonka your not too far away im over in Chanhassen.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Slick lookin truck. What motor does it have? 6.0 or 8.1? How long have you had it? Is the plow new?
  4. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I love that color. I wanted it but I couldnt find one when I needed a truck. Nice ride.
  5. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Real nice truck what size plow??
  6. PahlsLawnCare

Thanks its a 7'6 i have pro wings for it but i didnt have them on at the time.
  7. PahlsLawnCare

ive only had it a couple months. its only a 6.0, 8.1 is to much of a gas hog. the plow is a year old had it on my last truck and transfered it over to this one.
  8. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

nice truck im in eagan 45min east of you we have the same truck except its a 1500 same color and everything how many miles do you have on yours??? Watch the tranny she'll blow around 100,000 we know well ours is in the shop now and $$$2100 later well have it back... sometime around next tuesday.
  9. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

my mom always told me its EZ 2 get a lone its paying it off is the key
  10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Truck
  11. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

nice...nice daddys truck...lol
  12. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Pahl: Nice truck, dude! How's the Western holding up?

I am in the same boat as you, high school.........:dizzy:

Only, I'm fourteen, turning fifteen Monday. I already bought my truck, being it was a needed for lawn maintenance. In 2009, when I get my license, I plan on putting a plow on my truck (Boss or Western). Do you have a salter as well?

If you don't mind, could we see some more interior pictures, and maybe some "action" pictures.

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The 2500 HD has a completely different transmission as the 1500! You have nothing to worry about as long as you maintain the truck and don't pound the crap out of it.
  14. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I know its a little different a little more heavy duty but the guy at the one shop we use has said he has seen many chevys from 90000-110000 miles that have gone out i guess theres a plate in there that basicaly wares out if smokes your tranny. But thats just what he said.
  15. Pat M

Pat M Member

Routine maintenance is the key to everything. We had a 96 Tahoe that we were told actually my mechanic said that he had done more trannies on 92-98 Chevy's than anything else. We changed fluid every 25-30K and it ran no problems. The only problem was my wife rear ending someone coming off the highway and talking on a cell phone. Of course she is a Director of HR and it clearly states in the manual since she is the one that wrote it about talking on cellphones while driving on company time. That truck went to the junkyard after that. So the short end of the stick is basically just do routine maintenance and watch the brakes. That was the only thing we had issues with.
  16. PahlsLawnCare

nope not dads truck my truck. dad has a 03 2500HD i bought this one on my own. i do landscapig the summer with my buddy who also has the same truck as i do and he also plows daddy didnt pay for his either we both do landscaping and mowing in the summer with a 06 exmarks HP which we both bought so dont go and saying daddys money when there are high schoolers that do work there ass off to get there stuff. My cousin is a mechanic and he said that trannys on these trucks dont usually go out untill 130,140 just make sure to do regular maintance. the guy i bought it from didnt do any pulling besides his snowmobile trailer and never plowed with it, was mostly just a truck for casual business driving "Highway Miles"
  17. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Nice HD!!

I really liked the blue for GM If I could have found it....mine would be blue and not black.
  18. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

Nice.. I'm eighteen and have been mowing since i was 12.. now three exmark 60's, a gooseneck and an 08 2500hd later my parents still havent given a dime to pay for any of it. Nice work Pahl it's good to see another hard working student like myself!
  19. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thats my favorite style of recently made trucks. It looks really nice. Keep up the good work.
  20. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

The truck looks awsom, you must take good care of it.

I agree Pahls,
    I'm in high school too and I get tired of all the jellos remarks by people who say there is no way for a high schooler to buy all this kind of stuff. If you think about it it's actually easier for us to buy it than "daddy", I don't have a mortgage, property tax, food bills, a wife that likes to $hop.....
    So I have more $$ to spend on things like mowers, trailers, trucks, plows, salters and a garage. Just think about it.:drinkup: