1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Chevy 2500hd plow setup question?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buckhigh, Oct 22, 2008.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Any of you guys find a plow setup where the front lower bumper doesn't need removed or cut? I currently have tow hooks and fog lights integrated in the lower plastic part of the front bumper...looking to get a plow installed soon, just trying to find a setup to keep the front clean as possible. Thanks guys!
  2. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

It will depend on who installs it. My 04 2500HD the dealer cut the valance :gunsfiring: On my 07 2500 HD I had a guy who worked for a dealer install it in his garage and he went to great lengths to do a great job and did not cut it. Had a Boss RT3 mount on both. Best advice is to ask the dealer prior to having the work done.
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I installed a Hiniker on my 01 2500 HD.. I did not cut any thing prongs are very close to plastic, they are about an inch lower than they should be...You should be able to remove the plastic trim for the winter then put it back on when season is over...The truck mounts ,so that the tow hooks stay were they are...Just use mount hole to run bolts into tow hooks
  4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have a western ultramount on my 2004 2500hd and no cutting was required. It is very close though!
  5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

The Boss RT3 mount pushes up against the plastic and flexes it about an inch. You can't tell it to look at it. If I decided to set the mount an inch higher I might need to cut the plastic, but I agree with you on not wanting to carve up my pretty truck. I did have to trim the plastic skid plate behind the bumper where nobody can see it.
  6. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Same here. Don't wack away any of your plastic. I Just put a new plow on my truck and the mount fits nice up tight to the valance.
  7. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

the boss I jsut put on my 2000 chevy didn't require any cutting. it had a plow on it at one time in the past and they did have to cut it for that one but the previous owner replaced it....I was not happy to have to cut it to put a plow on either but when I picked it up after having the boss put on i was pleasantly surprised no cutting....I think the plow mount sits lower than others though!!