1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 chevy 2500hd duramax/crew cab short bed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DuramaxPowered, Mar 30, 2011.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have a 2002 chevy 2500 hd crew cab,short bed,duramax diesel with alison tranny. It has front axle rating of 4670#. I have a western 8 foot pro plow with buyers wings. Would i be crazy to install a boss v xt 8.2 or a 9.2 foot v plow with wings? I have timbrens on front also. I know its not recommended from boss,western etc. to put this big of a plow on this truck. Thanks

2. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

i am getting ready to buy an 8'2" VXT with wings.i put cognito upper control arms, cognito tie rod sleeves, cognito steering idler box, and firestone air ride in my 06. my buddy runs D'maxs with VXTs with wings and has no problems after putting the same parts in. he runs everything HARD and it seems to hold up. when we took my truck to the alignment shop, the guy told us that we just replaced everything that breaks on chevys plowing. i say go for it!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011