1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Chevy 2500 HD ext cab, plow, spreader for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by nosnowhere, Jun 20, 2009.

1. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

Hopefully you will forgive me in advance for not being sure how to list this. My husband recently passed away and I am forced to sell his truck and plowing equipment. I will give as many details as possible.

This is a 2002 Chevy HD 2500 extended cab truck and Western plow with hitch mounted salt spreader (not sure of the type off hand since it is currently in storage at my daughter's house). The truck has approximately 98,000 miles. My husband was extremely picky about maintanence for our vehicles so I am sure things were done right. Last winter he backed into a pole with the tailgate open and bent it so badly it had to be junked. The bumper is also bent but does not at all interfere with the function of the truck. He added flip out steps to the bed to make reaching inside easier and steps into the cab this spring.

The truck is white in color and very nice with all leather interior, heated mirrors and seats, CD player and more. My sons tells me it is a 400 small block engine, 4 wheel drive. The tires are newer and the fuel pump was replaced the winter of 07-08. I know everything is in working order.

I looked up the value and from the information I knew, it is supposed to be valued between $11,500 to $13,000. I need this vehicle sold as I cannot afford the payments on my own. I am asking $9,800 to off set the lack of tailgate and my lack of knowledge in the event there is anything mechanically wrong (although I doubt it).

I live in the Metro Detroit area. I will meet you in a public location only with my son or father present for safety reasons...I am sure you will understand.

As soon as I can figure things out I will post pictures but I can email them if you would like any. I do not have pictures of the plow on the truck though.

Serious inquires only. Please forgive me if this sounds harsh but...I am not a stupid woman who doesn't know anything! I will not sell this truck site unseen for a "cashier's check" as I have been offered as this us usually some huge scam.

I will gladly appreciate constructive criticism as to how to better advertise this truck in hopes of a mutually acceptable sale. Thank you.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you want to email any pics to me I'll be happy to post them for you. Plenty of guys cruise the used equipment forums here so I'm sure you'll see a few responses.

BTW, there wasn't a 400 small block manufactured after the 1980 model year from GM. It's likely a 6.0L if it's a gas truck.

3. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

Thank you I will email pictures as soon as I can. We are having a memorial tomorrow for Father's Day and then I have to go out of town to do some business. Yes I do believe it is the 6.0L and it is a gas truck.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Please send pics to majorleaguelawn AT gmail DOT com If I like what I see I can have money wired to your account on Monday and will pick up the truck next week on my way back from Louisville, KY.
  5. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

I think I figured out how to post the pictures. Unfortunately I was not able to bet a good picture of the front of the plow due to lighting. The spreader is a hitch mount and I think the name is Snow Ex.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Can you e-mail me? I gave my address in my previous post. I'd like to run the VIN and I'd like to ask a few more questions.

7. mak

mak Junior Member

Please call 630-886-2428 I would like to see it Tuesday night if possible.
  8. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

Hopefully you got my email with the VIN. I will be out of town until Wednesday to deal with more estate issues. I will try to get to an email before that time to check with you.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  9. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

I will call you in the morning but I cannot meet on Tuesday as I have estate issues to deal with and won't be home until Wednesday.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Still aval.? I am interested
  11. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Any idea if you will be selling just the spreader? Pictures of it and any more info?
  12. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

The truck is still available. If the person purchasing the truck is not interested in the spreader I will sell seperate. I'll get pics in a couple days to post as it is at my daughter's home.
  13. dannics

dannics Junior Member
    from 45889

Is this still for sale or is it sold?
  14. nosnowhere

nosnowhere Junior Member

The truck is now sold. Thanks for looking. Kim