1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Chevy 2500 hd 4x4 wont engage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Paintslinger, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Paintslinger

Paintslinger Junior Member

Hey i'm new here and was wondering what would cause my 2002 2500hd 4x4 not to engage, its a manual shift transfer case and it sounds like its engaging.I get no light in the dash to indicate that its in 4x4 and the front wheels will not pull.If anyone can give me a starting place to start looking it would be appreciated.

2. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Do you have the manule hubs or automatic. If they are manule make sure they are locked because if they are not locked, there is no 4x4. If you have the automatic locking hubs it could be a bad seleniod. or it could be bad hubs. I personaly don't like the auto lockings because there are more parts to were out. Hope this helps.

3. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I had the same problem with my old 91. The actuator in the front axel was bad. Put a new one in and it worked great. I'm not sure if the newer trucks still have them though.

Good luck