1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 chevy 1500 4 by 4

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cloudofsmoke, Dec 16, 2009.

1. cloudofsmoke

cloudofsmoke Junior Member

ok my truck has started making a clicking noise. in front. it has slipped out of gear. i am almost sure it had to do with my transfer case so i dropped the driveline. Then i started truck again, it wasnt transfer case, i started truck 4 by 4 was in neutralno clicking then i put my shifter uptop into drive and it is making a clicking noise, i am baffled it sounds like the right axle. no check engine light has came on, it still drives and am thinking i am going to take the axle apart and figure out if the clicking noise is maybe a seal or ball bearing? does anybody have a clue? please respond. i used to work on cars but i am starting to go through my whole vehicle and rebuild it. any help will do?:dizzy: