1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Chev 1500 question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelandscape, Feb 5, 2003.

1. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Is the front differential the same in a truck that has push button 4wd and one that has a manual 4wd stick ont he floor? I know this is probly a dumb question. can anyone help me out?
  2. mowmannnn

mowmannnn Banned

Yes, it is. The only difference is either the push button 4wd or the shifter on the floor. Personally, I like my push button 4wd because of the Autotrac. With the Autotrac, I don't have to drive around from site to site in 4hi, just when I drop the plow! It makes a big difference. I drove around from site to site one night when I was pushing snow in 4hi, and my gas mileage dropped from 17 mpg to 7!:eek: With that Autotrac, it stayed at 17. Helps out a little with the price of gas!:rolleyes:
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

Lee Mendenhall he couldn,t have said it any better . the fuel economy is a big plus especially when gas is 1.69 per gallon !!