1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 5.9 leveling kit problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by schnell, Oct 28, 2012.

1. schnell

schnell Junior Member
    from alaska

So I installed a readylift 2.5" leveling kit on my 02 ram 2500 this weekend. Installation went fine but my steering is now loose, have very slight bump-steer (I think that's because of short sway bar end links) and pulls slightly to one side. Had alignment done and it's not much better. The loose steering is what bothers me most. Truck only has 60,000 miles and everything was tight before installing leveling kit. Could caster angle be a problem? My angle after alignment was still under what I thought I'd see but shop was a pain in the ass. Friends have installed same kit on trucks w out similar problems. I DO still need longer shocks. I'm running stocks right now that haven't been lowered because I was planning on putting longer ones on. HELP! I'M STRESSIN! Ha. Snows almost here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Only answers I can find online point me towards caster angle

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

2.5" is a little high without an adjustable track bar and pitman arm to correct the angles. I put that same left on my 04 and the steering went to crap. It will also exaggerate any worn out steering parts.

3. schnell

schnell Junior Member
    from alaska

Did track bar and pitman arm fix your problem?

4. plowguy43

Sold the truck before digging into it sorry. Check dodgetalk . com

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You will never get the factory ride back. Every vehicle I have leveled steers like crap and bump steer is annoying. Try a smaller level kit and Timbrens.

Check out cumminsforum.com as well

6. plowguy43

I actually just bought a 2" level for my truck. Hope to get it installed this weekend so I'll let you know how it turns out.

7. mksent02

mksent02 Member

buy some maxx link sway bar links in the right size along with an alignment & you'll be happier with the ride.

8. mksent02

mksent02 Member

part # is smx-1224L ck out ebay.