1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 2500hd 6.0 rough running

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 00bluegtp, Oct 25, 2011.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Well i drove to south jersey with my truck the other night to pick a a used honda foreman atv and on my way there climbing this little hill i noticed my truck was missing. I do have a bunch of manifold bolts broken but it doesnt leak too bad when warm. Wouldnt you think if it was that it would be worse when cold? Well the truck has 133,000 miles with original plugs and wires. You think this could be the cause? Do you replace just plugs or do both? The plug wires are soo short and i got a price for delco ones at my local parts place and they are 111 dollars. I find that rediculous. I did install a k&n panel filter about 1.5 months ago. I have heard of them causing oil on MAF sensor. You think thats the problem? I have a maf sensor cleaner is it worth a try? Keep in mind this happened about 10 maybe 15 minutes after i got gas in new jersey since its soo cheap there. Seems to happen on slight inclines

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

did not use the MAF cleaner. it will damage your MAF. the broken manifold bolts might cause some of the issue but the plugs and wires are probably going to be it. but definitely get those manifold bolts fixed. on those engines plugs and wires are due to be changed at 100k miles. its a little bit past

3. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Yea... the first thing that came to my head was plugs and wires. I am goiing to do the plugs, wires, manifolds and bolts, and lastly the fuel filter. Anybody have any hints for this job. Its going to be a long weekend. ahhhhh

4. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Is acdelco stuff nesasary? or is aftermarket good enough for plugs and wires? Any recomendations?

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I recommend replacing parts with acdelco and you shouldn't have a problem.Make sure you check the gap on the spark plugs before installing them.

6. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Whats the gap suppose to be?

7. chevyzrule810

the gap is 0.040 in

8. chevyzrule810

GM recommends at 100,000 miles: oil change,oil filter,atf fluid and filter change,transfer case fluid change,and spark plugs.