1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Yukon & Western HTS plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by vi009dz, Feb 24, 2010.

1. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Figured I'd toss a picture of my rig up. Standard length Yukon, and a Western HTS. GREAT setup thus far. I do 3-4 driveways, nothing terrible, but I've moved some serious snow with it. Works great. HIGHLY recommend the HTS.

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

That looks great. I like how they put the red on the headgear.
  3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks really good
  4. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Looks Nice......
  5. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Looks good, I like the HTS.
  6. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Nice western !
  7. mreamer

mreamer Member

Nice looking setup!! Does the HTS use a direct lift system, like a Boss?
  8. 05ram

05ram Member

Nice setup!! How well does the scrape lock work? I know there is no "real downpressure", I guess its like having a heavy plow without all of the extra weight?
  9. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

10. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Yeah, the HTS and Fisher HT are virtually the identical setup except the HTS is a full trip, and the Fisher is a trip edge. They both use the direct lift setup, which seems pretty slick. Still a hydraulic cylinder, but there just isn't a chain to lift.

I can't say too much about the scrape lock / backdrag / downpressure. It works alright, but certainly doesn't excel in backdragging. With a backdrag edge they sell, I'm sure things would be better.

I did break off my passengers side flag / marker. They're pretty cheap flimsy plastic / rubber setups, which I understood were fairly fragile. I'm seeing that now. They're $25 for another set on eBay, so I'm not too concerned.
  11. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

I have a HTS and went to a local machine shop and had them bend me a piece of 1/4" thick metal and i got a back drag blade for $45. Beats $95 plus shipping to get it to me from the nearest western dealer. And yes it did help ALOT. As far as the markers go i broke mine too and the dealer told me the reason that most of them break is because the flags absorb water and when you go down the road the extra stress on the markers usually snaps them off. But all in all im happy with my HTS.
  12. z400

z400 Member

Looks good

Now its time to post pics of the Yukon holding the weight.
  13. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

It does squat a little more than I'd like....saving up for some timbrens.

The reason both of my flags broke (broke the drivers side yesterday) is that if the blade REALLY trips hard, it flies back so fast that it just snaps them off. Same thing caused both of mine to break off. Flags absorbing water?? sheesh......terrible excuse.
  14. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

Nice set-up. One day I plan on putting a 7'6" BOSS on my '04 Yukon. I think they would make PERFECT driveway rigs. Maybe throw a little salter on the back, or better yet, a back blade!
  15. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

my old man has the HTS on his Silverado and HATES that it's on a rod and not on a chain. Glad to see you like yours though!
  16. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

17. saldana17

saldana17 Junior Member

Just completed the install of a 7'6" Std Duty Boss to my 04 Yukon. Mount was a bear to install. Moved the wiring over from my 94 Yukon 2dr which was fairly easy. 1 inch hole in the fire wall and that was it.
    Grille disassembles easily to wire lights. Cut a part of the lower fachia out for the mount. Took a lot of time for mount but no experience.
    I did put 420 pounds in the rear of sand. Torsions were already turned up on 1 side so I did not do any more.
  18. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

i bet thats the most comfortable plowin time ever!
  19. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Just like our 05 Yukon SLE...Fisher HT and some sand in the back...pretty comfy and it gets the job done. But, unlike Boss where the cylinder is in front of the headgear, closer to the blade, the cylinder on these is behind the box of hydraulics and the headgear, attached to the back of the headgear.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

lets see some action shots of it plowing if you have any