1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 UniMount on 2006 F 250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fordaholic72, Dec 6, 2007.

1. fordaholic72

fordaholic72 Junior Member

I currently have a 2001 8' Poly Pro UniMount on a 1995 F 350. I am looking at a 2006 F 250, and I want to put the UniMount on the 2006. Don't want to spend $4000-$5000 on a new UltraMount yet. I know Western does not make UniMount truck-side mounts anymore. I would have to get the UltraMount truck-side mount and the Ultra to Uni adapter. I have already got prices on these parts from the local dealer. The problem I am having is with the electrical part because I have been given two different answers from two different dealers. One dealer said I needed to switch to the new Nighthawk lights and the other said I didn't. Do I need to do that and can I use the UniMount joystick controller and the harness with it in the 2006? Here is another kink though. I don't have the lights hooked up on the 1995 like they should be either. I spliced a Western light harness from a 1978 F 150 that I had from one of my old trucks. I have it hooked to a switch that turns the truck lights off and plow lights on and vice versa. It is the old conventional light setup. It works great, but I know it is not how the UniMount was intended to be hooked up. What do I need to make the UniMount work on the 2006? The 2006 has the H13 bulbs BTW. Does anyone have part numbers for the parts I would need?

2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

i am looking to hook my unimount from a 95 F150 to an 07 2500 HD. I have same problem with the lights, one dealer says i need to change the lights, other dealer said nothing about it. They did say something about re-wiring the plow side also to match the connectors on truck side. I know now i have a 9 pin connector, and i am sure the new ones are 11 or 12 pin. That may be why the lights need to be replaced. As far as i know you can still use your 6 pin controler for the ultra mount setups. When i was looking for part numbers i just called the dealer, and they gave them to me. You might want to try ebay for used mounts, found a few for the fords, will save some money. I know i was getting quoted $1,500 to $2,000 to use my unimount on my truck.