1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Mar 12, 2010.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My partner at work has a 2001- 5.3L- 4X4 Suburban that throws a ABS light at times. He took it to the Chevy Stealer and they cleaned and dielectric greased all the connections and scanned it.
    They say bad computer,$1,300 to replace. He has no book on the truck. My question: is the computer separate from the controller, in the main CPU of the truck or it's own separate computer? His wife just had their first baby so the hormones are making her freak out. I told them it should be fine , you just don't have the ABS function when the light is on. It only has 60k on it and is paid off

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

ABS module should be seperate from the main PCM. Should be on the inside of the left frame rail, looking underneath the truck.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

My truck has the same issue- I'm going to try re-grounding it in the next couple days as I understand this can cause the ABS comp to "think it's dead." My ABS has been having issues since June of last year, I've just been living with it. Truck brakes just fine- just no ABS.