1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Silverado Crewcab 2500HD 8.1vortec

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by loyjms, Feb 22, 2015.

1. loyjms

loyjms Member

Figured I'd start a thread with my new project plow truck. plan on posting pics and updates with any mods that get done to it. Will gladly take any ideas y'all have on it.

my truck-1.jpg

truck 3.jpg

2. loyjms

loyjms Member

Plans as of right now are to get it Rocklined as soon as winter is over. Gonna get a leveling kit oredered this week. And gonna get a front bumper built by Bearclaw bumpers when a little extra money comes available.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If the rocklined is stuff for your rockers and such, make sure any rust is fixed first. Otherwise the bedliner stuff will just make it rust 10x faster by holding moisture.

4. loyjms

loyjms Member

Oh ya got new rockers and cab corners sitting in the corner of the shop already. I plan on making this thing last for a while, new trucks are way to expensive haha

5. yukonslt3

yukonslt3 Junior Member

get a posi in the rear end

6. loyjms

loyjms Member

It's got the posi locker in it. Just need to find some weight to throw in the back and it'll be like a tank

7. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Don't waste the money on a leveling kit. All they do is allow you to turn the bars up more. Unless you want to get the front more than 2 extra inches just crank the bars 6-8 turns.

Would look good with some cab lights.

8. loyjms

loyjms Member

That's what I was gonna do originally with the bars but was looking online and found a kit that came with an extra leaf for the rear and a block to keep some of the original rake, plus the shocks are kinda shot. I've been thinking about the cab lights too. Any recommendations on what to get?

9. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

I put Go Recons on mine. I like them but the gaskets were a pain to deal with but it comes with a really well made harness.

10. loyjms

loyjms Member

I imagine it's a pretty straight forward install.

11. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Pretty much. You spend more time making sure everything is lined up right before you drill that first hole lol.

I cant remember if the lights came with measurements to help place the lights or if I googled them.

12. loyjms

loyjms Member

It'll defiantly be put on the list of things to do. So many things I wanna do but so little time and money haha

13. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

my advice, save your money and don't waste it on a work truck unless its repairs to keep it running to make money... I was young once too and dumped cash into pointless crap... JMO tho.. I had a 01 and you will start getting countless problems with it that will drain your wallet... All we ever do now are things to trucks that can transfer to the next... as we pound the piss out of them, this industry isn't easy on them...