1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Silverado 2500HD

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by onsight, Apr 16, 2011.

1. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Selling my '01 Chevy 2500 HD Pick up with 8' 2" Boss V-Plow and SnoWay Salter
    Whelen Edge Light Bar
    74000 miles
    Power Windows/Locks
    CD

Asking $11,750

Call Ken at 414-659-1269

DSCF4537.jpg

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0098.jpg

Truck.jpg

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Any issues, rust, what engine, interior condition?

3. onsight

onsight Senior Member

6.0L Gas Engine
    Will need exhaust manifold gaskets
    Interior is very clean
    No Rust on Body

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Thank you. What are you getting for mileage? I know what my last 6.0 got('03), just wondering if its about the same.

5. onsight

onsight Senior Member

If I remember right it gets about 10-12 mpg. I only put about 2000 miles on it this past year, thats why I am selling it.

6. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

why does it have the wrong tail lights for the year??? Is it a new box that has been put on? Nice looking truck any ways!

7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Good eye, looking at it the stickers on the box don't look factory either

8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I was wondering who would notice that. I bought the truck new as a pick-up, pulled the box and put a service body on it. In 04 I bought a different service truck and turned this one back into a pick-up. The box is off of an 04. Might be doing something similar as I am not real happy with my 2010 service truck - looking to go to an 11 or 12. Would just swap boxes. The "stickers" are painted on since the box had to be re-painted anyway.

9. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

I wish you didn't live so far away cause i would be very interested very good price i think

10. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

Do you still have the truck? if you do this is a free bump to the top for a good deal!

11. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Yes I do - thanks for the bump.

12. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Sent you a PM on the truck

13. onsight

onsight Senior Member

bump ttt ...

14. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Okay. Is this an RT2 or RT3? Either way that is a $2500-3500 value.

Used spreader $800-1200.

Kelly Blue Book "Good" Condition Trade-in value is $8175.
    Private Party is $10130
    Retail value is $12180.

What is wrong with this picture? I didn't even add in for the Back rack and Light bar or CD, PW, PDL.

Onsight- Might I suggest craigslist or ebay classifieds? 30day classified ad on Ebay is free. That is a sharp truck and you are already underselling it. I wish you best of luck in your sale. This is a darn nice truck. Looks just as clean if not cleaner than the 2003 I have for sale. (No exhaust leaks on mine, but heck it is a $250 fix. Nothing to be scared of. lol)

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats a RT3.