1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 silverado 2500HD a/c filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bcessario, Jul 16, 2006.

1. bcessario

bcessario Junior Member
    from eastern

does anyone know where the a/c filter is located for an 01 silverado?
    recently my blower doesn't blow with the same force. Its still cold just a little weaker so i am assuming the filter might be clogged.

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

It's located up undernieth the dash behind the glove box. There are 2 filters in there.

Will

3. bcessario

bcessario Junior Member
    from eastern

Do i need to take the glove box off? I'm not sure how to access the filters. Are there many screws to remove or am i making it too difficult?

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Let me do some diggin. There is a write up on another site that I visit that I'll find for ya.

Will

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

no

there is a black cover held on by 4 screws and u should see the cover make sure u get both filters they are side by side i did this to my 02 2500 it made a hige diff worth the 20.00

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Would this make the blower stop all together sometimes?

8. bcessario

bcessario Junior Member
    from eastern

well i removed both filters and there was some debris, (leaf bugs) but the air flow is still a little weak. there is a humming sound when the fan is set to max behind the glove box, i assume where the fan is. Is it possible to get to the fan without taking the whole dash apart or do you have any idesa what the problem might be?