1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 SD Headlight "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by The Lone Plower, Jan 2, 2011.

1. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

So after taking my plow off awhile ago, and driving around at night... I actually stopped to see if my headlights were on.

There was such a big difference between the light output of my truck headlights and the plowlights, the latter being new H13 bulbs and clear lenses... I decided maybe a better light in the truck would help. Enter the headlights from an '07.

Bought the conversion kit off flea-bay for $150. Total install time was a little over an hour. Removed the grill for better access, cut out the header planel on each side to allow for the depth of the new lights, installed wiring adaptors for the 9007 to H13 bulbs, the side marker and turn signal lights plugged into the new sockets.

Nothing real fancy, but the result was very favorable for light output at night now. FWIW- I do also have an HID kit on order, and will be installing that in the truckside soon. Then I'll probably get an HID kit for the plowside so it will match the truck... Oh the mods seem to never end! :mechanic:

2. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

3. curtiss

curtiss Member

the lights look good with the old grill

4. NHCraigT

NHCraigT Member
    from NH

Awsome!

Looks 3000X better and nicer!!

5. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

nice mod now get some 08 towing mirrors

6. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

looks great!

7. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Thanks for the compliments. I'm happy with the light output on the new lights, and how they look with the original grill since I'm not a fan of the newer grills.

And I'll stick with my mirrors, as I'm not real fond of the square style '08 mirrors either.

8. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

Well either way your truck is looking good

9. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Ya, I guess it doesn't look to bad for a work truck. It has a few scratches and dings, but overall in good condition. Hope to get squeeze a few more years out of it, because I sure can't afford a new one!