1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 ram ultra mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fatboyNJ, Apr 1, 2011.

1. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

im pretty sure it doesn but does a mount from a 01 1500 fit a 01 2500?\

i wanna say yes just wanna double check fromthe ppl that know before i buy

thanks guys
    gary

2. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I'm 98% sure it will, but the reason for the other 2% is that my Fisher dealer says that my 1500 and 2500 have different mounts when I was looking at putting a Fisher on my 1500. I'm not sure if that will be the same case for Western although both are owned by D&D.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Both use a 97980 but that was with very few details. Quick match asks about engine size, box length, cab style and a few other not so important things. You should go to quick match yourself and then you can be sure. It's easy enough to use, just put in the specs for each truck and then select any ultra mount plow. It will tell you all the parts you need but the only important thing is the mount number. Here is a link to the Western quick match page.
    http://www.westernplows.com/wp/showroom/quickmatch.php
    Something else you should consider is the headlight harness. If you have different headlamp bulbs in the two trucks then you will need the new harness too. That will cost a few bucks but is not a big deal. You can still use the relay, battery cables, islolation module and control cable etc.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes its the same.

5. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

sho' duz' same frame for 1500,2500, and 3500 2gen trucks. GO DODGE!!!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011