1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Ram 1500 with Sno-way 26 mount height question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by tonychavalia, Oct 25, 2011.

1. tonychavalia

tonychavalia Junior Member

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 3 year old Sno-way 26 poly plow.

I just picked up the truck with the plow already mounted. The problem is the lower hooks sit at 6 1/2 inches from the ground and the top mount is 1 1/2 from the bottom of the bumper.

There is room for adjustment on the mound but is this normal. This plow was professionally installed at a dealer.

I have had the older Sno-way 25 with 3 pin mount and those were flush with the bumper and between 9 to 11 inches off the ground on the two Chevy trucks I put it on.

I may need a leveling kit or 2500 spring to get the front end up. Currently the truck still has the stock front rake where the front is 2 1/2 to 3 inch lower in the front vs the rear.

Any help is appreciated Ive already curb checked the mount at Autozone on a parking bumper.
  2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

It should be around 9.5 from the ground if I recall right, but the leveling kit would also help
  3. tonychavalia

tonychavalia Junior Member

It appears the PO didnt want to cut the bumper. I have a sport model and the bumper is larger than non sport Rams and doesnt have the removable air dam.

The mount has alot of adjustment to move it up. I may cut alittle out of the bumper to get it higher.