1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Ram 1500 Plow Set Up

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ykrep34, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ykrep34

ykrep34 Junior Member

I have a 2001 Ram 1500. I was looking to put a plow on it this summer, so I purchased a plow set up from a '94-'95 1500. Fisher minute mount with 7.5 and hydraulic. I went to my fisher dealer to purchase the push plates (as they would not fit, and sold them), and they mentioned I would most likely need to change to an electric plow set up, and would cost around $2k to convert. I just had the intention to plow our driveway with it. The dealer mentioned I may be able to convert to the hydraulic style if the crank pulley on the engine from a 1999 - 1994 style would fit - 360 engine. The older style crank pulley has the main bolt, and then the three bolts around it to support the belt pulley. Has anyone placed a hudraulic set up on a 2001 dodge? If so, could it work? I have the older brackets, and the brackets that I would need are no longer produced - however I feel i can modify or create my own brackets as necessary.