1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Powerstroke Transmission?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wkahler, Mar 18, 2009.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket 6 speed automatic Transmission? I know that they make a Manuel transmission, but was wondering about a automatic.

2. 95k25004x4

95k25004x4 Junior Member

That should be a 4r100 from the factory, thats a 4 speed. Why a six speed? We've done 6 speed M/T swaps in fords at work but not an auto, i have no knowledge of any 6 spd auto trannys, all ford auto's are 4 speeds.

3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I was just thinking for better fuel economy and also something different. Planing a few long trips and know the lower RPM would help!

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Good idea, but $3000 is basically a new transmission!

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yes there is a 6 speed auto trans. there is also a 5 speed auto trans.
    the bad news is that neither of them will work with your 01 engine, computer, or wiring harness.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Nice............well back to the drawing board!

8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

As TJ already pointed out to you. Its not an opition to go to a 5 or a 6 Speed auto. New trannys are run by the computer. Your only opition is the Under/over gear