1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Powerstroke 7.3L HELP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tom's snow pro, Nov 30, 2009.

1. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

I have a 2001 Ford f-350 7.3L Powerstroke deisel with 220, 000 miles on it. It has been running very rough the last couple of days, and today its started making a knocking noise coming from the engine. I was curious what you guys think it may be? Thanks
  2. bluefishbob

bluefishbob Junior Member
    from erie pa

TURBO? hopefully nothing too serious for you.....
  3. whit16

whit16 Junior Member
    from 08820

bad injectors?

Had similiar problem w/2006. 3 injectors went bad. Probably because the fuel tank diaphraghm fell apart and got pulled into the system a year earlier. They replaced some but shoulda replaced all at that time because the truck was 50 miles away and loaded with salt when they went bad the second time Luckily still under warranty
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sounds like an injector. Check the oil for fuel, also check for smoke out the tail pipe and a raw fuel smell.
  5. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

thanks guys I am taking it in tomarrow to find out what's wrong!