1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 new tranny

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jonw440, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

This is about my new (used) 2001 2500 QC 4x4
    I asked my saleman to have the service dept. write down eveything they did to the truck before I picked it up. (pre delivery service).
    They handed me a 7 page computer print out. It shows about 10 months ago the guy who bought the truck new said the OD button would not come on. After some checking,They replaced the tranny, Tourqe coverter. They also replaced the radiator at another time. Should I feel lucky? The only part of the truck I was worried about was the tranny. So now I have a 62000 mile truck with a 10,000 mile tranny.

2. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Not that it matters but what tranny do you have the. The 46RE which is behind V8 gas or the 47RE which is used with the V10 and diesels. It could have been anything but you have a warranty don't worry. Maybe John D will weigh in on this subject he seems to know alot about dodges and dodge trannys.

As far as the radiator goes both my '99 dodge 1500 and my '01 dodge 2500 needed radiators. They both leaked in the exact same spot where the plastic side tank meets the aluminum center section. If you look at the radiator you can see where they bend tabs on the center section over to hold the side tanks on. My guess is they weren't bent over enough or the gasket/ o-ring let go.

3. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

The tranny is the V8 46RE.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I wouldn't worry.The newer tranny probably has all the updates from DC too,so hopefully it should be better off than the original.