1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 mits fg plow/dump truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bromley_ind, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Bromley_ind

Bromley_ind Junior Member

PLOW/DUMP TRUCK FOR SALE 62k miles - This truck has been thoroughly gone through from top to bottom. Includes newer 5K engine and brand new ceramic clutch. Truck comes loaded with pw,tilt,pl,cd and A/C. An auxillary fuel tank w/transfer switch has also been added. Truck was purchased for my plowing business but have decided not to persue due to progressively worsening back problem. This truck is a 2001 FG 4x4,12k gvw, w/12 foot Rugby dump bed and 8.5' Fisher vee plow. Also it is prewired for sander. asking $20,995 This truck needs nothing and IS ready to go to work...call 860 five59 28five8 Dan

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

45.jpg

24.jpg

2. Bromley_ind

bump to top

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have to ask, why a new motor as 65k?? These trucks go 200k+

4. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

was going to ask the same thing don't understand?

5. Bromley_ind

new engine......

I am the second owner,so with my best guess is that the prior owner's employees must of downshifted and over reved the truck more than once.....Did not take apart engine, so is only a guess. I was cheaper to change complete engine than overhaul extisting. Mits parts can get a little pricey,so parts truck made sense...Thanks Dan.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-mitsubish-fuso-fg-4x4-/250838516216

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  6. Bromley_ind

more pics.

Any questions or comments?? Post,email or call 860-559-2858 Thanks,Dan

029.jpg

031.jpg

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

So your saying the trucks motor currently has 120+k on it now not 62k???

8. Bromley_ind

reply to Ben

Ben,
    The engine that was installed in the truck has about 5,000 miles on it. It can out of a parts truck that I had bought.

9. Bromley_ind

price reduction now $19,995

I have had some interest....But it needs to go,so a price drop is in order. Now it is $19,995. Thanks,Dan.

10. Bromley_ind

still for sale

bump to top

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

The ebay listing you provided with the parts truck states the parts truck had Mileage 125,000 miles

So with that logic one would assume the engine that is in the truck currently has 125000 miles on it. Unless the parts truck you bought only had 5k miles on it but i highly doubt that. maybe you only put about 5k on the motor since you swapped it but the point stands the parts truck had 125000 miles.

I know the add says the last owner "said" they rebuilt the motor but thats usually never the case. Unless you have records of the rebuild i would assume the engine still has the stock 125k.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  12. Bromley_ind

responce to Ben

Yes BEN,that link was to show all of you were the engine came from. As to the claim of a rebuilt engine. As I am the person that installed it,and looked for the vin on the block and there was none on the boss. So that to me means to me that it was a new short block. Also the facts of missing bolts(bell housing connecter plate) that only could be left out on rebuild/reinstall. That would tell me that the engine was removed/replaced. "You can call it hearsay" but I do know that it runs great and strong. I WOULD NOT POST A LINK ON THIS MATTER IF I WAS TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING. THAT IS NOT THE WAY I DO THINGS. Thanks for your question,DAN.

13. Bromley_ind

Sold

Sold........