1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Jeep Wrangler with Boss UTV Power-V XT Plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by jweiss, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jweiss

jweiss Member

Thanks very much to the folks on this forum who advised me in this thread. They asked me to post some pictures and I thought this would be a good place.

I'm picking the Jeep up on Monday, but the installers were nice enough to send these pictures:

There is also a video of the plow moving up/down on Facebook under "United Sales and Service", you may have to "like" them to see it, but here is the link:

Ordered some air shocks, I'll be installing those next week.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Nice setup
  3. jweiss

jweiss Member

Thanks! And thanks for all of your great posts on here about using the Jeep for plowing. Getting air shocks and Blizzaks based on your posts :)
  4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Very nice! I was and still am hoping to try one of those on something small. Hope it works out well.
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like a great setup Thumbs Up Any concerns about the fact the plow raises up higher than your headlights? Might be hard to see if you're plowing at night...
  6. jweiss

jweiss Member

Camden - yes that did occur to me. The driveway is reasonably well lit. If it is a problem, I guess I can add a light bar. I think my neighbor has a light setup above the blade on his plow vehicle...
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Good point where is the light tower?
  8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I didn't think the UTV plows had light towers. That should be easy to fab up though.
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Dude that thing is cool as sh!t.
  10. jweiss

jweiss Member

I don't think it comes with a light bar, but I'll call them and double check... (keep in mind the UTV setup is less $ than the truck setup)
  11. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

You are correct. These plows are designed for UTV's and not trucks. We do not offer a light bar for them.

Nice looking setup though!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  12. jweiss

jweiss Member

Thanks Rick!

And a big thanks to Richard at United Service and Sales in SLC, UT.
  13. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If it comes to it you could get light brackets for the windshield hinges, should be cheaper than the lightbar option.
  14. jweiss

jweiss Member

Just looked those brackets and lights up - they do look like a great option, thanks!
  15. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Come on Rick you know that the light brackets are in the works...
    :rolleyes: John...
  16. c2weech

c2weech Junior Member

Wow that is a beautiful setup!

If I can sell my f250 in a month and get around the price I want, I am going to get a Jeep and thought about that plow on a Jeep ever since it came out.

How durable do you guys think that utv plow will be for say about a 40 drive way route?

or just better off with something tried and true?
  17. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

mmmmmmmm....... Plow Envy....mmmmmmmmmm
  18. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Extremely jealous ! been thinkin about doin this for a while but wasnt sure if the a frame was gonna be strong enough to put one on my jeep
  19. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

re Lights

Nice setup - Got a friend who has a light bar on hood (mounts thru holes where rubber window bumpers mounted). Could be a "on-off" option that way. Probably gives enough over the top light...

Have fun with it!
  20. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN