1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikelawtown, Jan 29, 2006.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Looking at an 01 Hd ext cab with 108k for 9 grand. I think its a good deal. 1 question do all 6.0's have 2 batterys???

2. fire&ice

fire&ice Junior Member

No. I believe that the 2nd battery is an option (TP2). It is actually an auxilary battery designed for uses such as campers, inverters and plows. The 2nd battery is not in series with the primary battery as it is ordered from the factory.

3. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

2 batteries is an option. There are 2 duel battery options. Look on your RPO sheet for the following codes.
    TP2
    8B0
    The tp2 option is the 2 hooked in series (like come on the dmax).
    The 8B0 option is the isolated hookup.
    The tp2 is good for plowing and other uses that need a high draw when the engine is running.
    The 8B0 is good for uses when the engine is off like campers, inverters,etc. because you only draw off that battery and always will have the other to start.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

My 2004 2500 HD does not.

5. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

No they do not and on the 6.0 a full size battery will not fit my 02 2500hd we put a small dry cell against the fire wall for accesories. summit racing catalogs got them

6. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

It is an option on your truck. You can get the tray and mounting stuff from GM. It goes on top of the fender on the passanger side back towards the fire wall. You need to remove the fender brace on that side. Seen many 99-06 6L HDs with the dual battery option.