1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 gmc 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Tracy89, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Just took ownership of a 01' HD. Was wondering first off, if I can install a minute mount 1 on a truck this year? And second of all if I can do it, will the plate and wiring harness that I have from a 99 half ton will fit?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The plate no......wiring, all depends upon lights.

3. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

What do you mean the lights? what would lights have to do with it. Can anyone maybe post a picture of the plates that i need...I have two sets, one that came off my 99 half ton and another set that i have no idea what they came off of...

4. dieselss

The mounting plate no. The lights. Are they the same bulbs? Are there 2 bulbs or 1

5. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

there are two bulbs. I took the headlights out and the wiring all seems to be the same as far as i can tell. so this means that it should work ok?

6. dieselss

Then yes...are they daytime running lights?

7. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

I have daytime running lights but also have two different lights for my high and low beams. I believe this is what you mean, that my low beams need to be seperate from my high beams correct?

8. dieselss

Well yea. Just gotta make sure you wire it up correctly. If not the lights might not work, and or the light relays will stay on and drain your battery

9. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Post a picture of the plates that you have no idea what they came off of so we can help identify them.

10. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

ok i will take some pictures tomorrow. I appreciate every thing you guys have helped me with so far...finally glad to be apart of the HD community..