1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Gmc 1500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by stillen, Aug 14, 2005.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Guys my neighbor is trading in his 01 GMC 1500HD, this is the full four door version, its loaded, leather/onstar/tow package/ etc , has 100k on the odometer. The dealer is only offering him 11k as a trade in. I always told him i liked the truck and all, so he is offering it to me for what the dealer offered him for trade. I checked edmunds and Blue book already, seems like a fair price....

Is this a deal, or should i pass???? I'm driving a 95 GMC 2500 ext cab, and even that truck still has some time left in it...
    I dont know if its time to step outta it, and into a new rig

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

well just like you said, it seems like a fair price. Your not getting a bargin for it, but your not getting shafted either. Weigh the pros and cons. If i were you, i'd prolly get it. However, keep in mind, it is your neighbor, so if something breaks, you cant assume it was his fault. Its just like hiring freinds and family, and why I dont buy or sell cars to my relatives