1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Ford F350 Superduty 7.3L fuel tank

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MSS Mow, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I am in need of a new fuel tank for my 2001 Ford F350 superduty 7.3 diesel. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find one? A new one from the factory is over $800!! :realmad: :eek:

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

3. NHDIESEL

NHDIESEL Junior Member

call around to some local salvage yards. i save big by hittin the ole junk yard on some parts

4. ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976 Junior Member

for that kind of coin you might as well get a poly tank from titan

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the tips guys. Nothing found yet though.

7. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i had the same problem two years ago, tank 800 sending unit 600 what did i do, i sent the tank to have it brazed at a local welding shop, it was leaking at the seam, it cost under 50.00

8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

umm aren't the superduty tanks plastic? mine is

9. go plow

go plow Senior Member

well, it depends on the year, mine is a 02 and i have a steel tank that sits in the middle of the frame all the way back near the tow plate...

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

That's what mine is as well. The protective plate is actually what holds the tank up in place. My tank had rusted. We've patched it up for now but don't know how long it will last.

11. tjctransport

if you search http://car-part.com/ in the northeast region, for aft tank, you will find 4 40 gallon tanks. 1 in Connecticut, 1 in NY, and 2 in Pennsylvania.

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I get the "your 99 is plastic" all the time. Oh,Really plastic rusts? Or did they clad the plastic tank in steel? I just replaced the straps and the tank sure looks like it's made o steel.

13. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

It can be a mixture. My '97 PSDhas a plastic front tank, and a metal rear one.

14. tjctransport

midship tank is plastic. aft tank is steel.