1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Ford F350 getting a partial facelift

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I decided to have the frame and rear body sandblasted and painted before winter. Here are a few pics. I had planned to do it last year and never got around to it. Glad to get it done.
    "Before" pics can be seen in the link below.

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks good. Nice licence plate
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That cleaned it up really nice, What kind of paint did you have sprayed on ?
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The truck looks great Dean. How do you like the 7.3? You must be getting ready to put your sander back in pretty soon.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I just put a flat deck on the same truck. Love the truck not impressed with the 7.3l. NOOOO power, expecially when pulling. Just changed the oil, fuel filter and oil in the injectors high pressure resivoir. Seems better but you have to still push down on the gas pedel more than I thought is needed.

Are you impressed with the power?? Perhaps I am just use to the Cummins low power band.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A tuner will fix the power issue. It doesn't take much on the 7.3's, stock they suck, a 40hp tune and their a totally different truck. Pedal feel and power are a big improvement.
  7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

A big second on that. Light tune makes a huge difference. Dont laugh but a friend of mine bought one of our old e-450 bus's from work and I found him a used superchip programmer for 75 bucks. Man that little bus will run! haha
  8. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

I don't have a tuner on the diesel yet, but a stock 7.3 is a dog at low speed and any weight, im not complaining, is an awesome truck and an awesome engine, but it needs some rpms and speed behind it for its real power to show. I've been uphill on some serious grades and it would not downshift as it was not needed at all. I can't imagine how awesome it must be with a dp tuner.
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

They used some sort of Truck & Equipment enamel I think they said. Not sure of the brand. I may have that wrong anyway. I didn't do it myself. My buddy owns a shop so I had him do it.

Thanks. I love the 7.3. Plenty of power for pushing the white stuff and carrying a load of sand. Sander will be going on next week.

I like the power but I think like others have said that a tuner would really make these scream. It performs to a level sufficient for what I need and more.
  10. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Good looking truck!

BTW with a CUSTOM tuner (such as mine in sig) the truck will run phenominal. On the automatics, the tranny shifts much better and the torque convertor will lock up sooner and transfer the power better. It will also downshift for you which is nice when loaded down.