1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Ford Excursion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bporter, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I got a Hit on A awsome looking Ford Excursion and was wondering what you ford guys think and if anyone of you guys plow with them. It has the V-10 Engine But im not sure if its the Gas or not. yet But it's fully Loaded with a 2006 Western 81/2 and it also has a lift on it 6" i belive. And was wondering your guys opinons on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank You
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

V10 is a gas engine. It will work but backing will most likely SUCK. I personally dont like the lift on it either. The main thing is backing up, you will be miserable.

3. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

I personally like the excursions, always have. The v-10 is diff. a gasser. And that lift kit is not 6", probably 4" at most. You will get use to backing it up, so that won't be that big of a problem, it is nicer to plow with a pick-up so you can look right out the back window. A big problem is that you won't have the bed of the truck to load with salt or some other weight. When the bed of a truck is loaded with weight, it is that weight that gives the truck enough momentum to plow through snow without putting strain on the trany. But, at least you can sleep in the back of the truck. OOOhh, it also sucks how much more money you have to spend to heat the interior of that beast during a storm.

4. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

The whole Reason i'm thinking about getting it is the price and for my wife to drive she wants and suv to drive so we both when I do have two other trucks a Dodge 2500 Ext. Cab 8' Bed and a F350 Dump with spreader and and plows for both. Now the lift good idea to take it off or leave it on and how hard would it be..and 2nd is 10000 a good price for it.
    Thanks
    Brian Porter

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If the plow has been set up to work right with the lift it should be fine. It would be a project to return it to stock and you might have to buy some big dollar parts to do it too.You can run bigger tires with the lift too.