1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 F250 instrument cluster

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bsmitty, Feb 27, 2013.

1. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Hi

I have a 2001 F250 and the instrument cluster stopped working yesterday while I was plowing. All of the needles are down like the truck is shut off. The odometer doesn't even turn while driving. Anybody have any ideas? I checked all of the fuses and didn't find any blown. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Did your radio stop working too?

3. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Radio still works, as well as all of the dash lights.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Interesting! Ok, just seeing if it was like the problem I described in the thread I wrote around the same time as yours

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would think the cluster has become unplugged somehow. I would not think all the gages and such would have the same power source. Stranger things then that have happen to my trucks. Might not of been fully plugged in from the factory. All the bumps and jars from plowing might knock it loose.

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the ground wire is no longer hooked up for the cluster.

7. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Thanks for the help. It was a wire in the steering column that had worn through the insulation and shorted out. Apparently it is for the gauges and the overdrive. Problem fixed and I reroute s the loom. Thanks again.

Brian

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Double check fuse #46