1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 F250 7.3 diesel w/ 8ft Boss superduty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by J&E Landscaping, Nov 29, 2005.

1. J&E Landscaping

J&E Landscaping Junior Member

I'm just curious if anyone knows if it is not recommended to plow with this truck. I've heard both sides but it is a short bed, so I think it should be OK. Any Advice? Thanks
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey welcome to the site, you won't believe the amount of good information here, do a search, the topic of " Will my warranty be void " if I put a plow on this has been discussed a lot here.

I know your not asking about warranty issues, but it's still discussed weather these truck can handle a plow, and my answer is " heck yes they can " !!!!
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It should be fine, you may have to do more service to the truck from the severe duty you put it through,but all trucks have the same when you plow with them. The manufacturers (plow & Truck) are just doing CYA because of the weight of the engine would wear the front end and axle quicker with the plow added. You can add Timbrens and heavy duty shocks and never have a problem.
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You will be fine....and that truck sounds like it's a beast!
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

You left some very important info out of your question.

Reg Cab
    Ext Cab
    Crew Cab

What do you have?
  6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

You may need to put a leveling kit or a 2 1/2" lift with the wieght of the diesel and the blade front end will be low--This is experience talking--Own a Y2k 7.3 s/c and I didn't like how low the pushplates sat on the truck--I have a fisher set up-- so you may be fine!