1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GJB, May 10, 2001.

1. GJB

GJB Junior Member

I am thinking about buying a 2001 powerstroke diesel F-350 4x4 manual transmission and just wanted to here what you guys think of them. Any known problems etc. Thanks.

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

DIESEL ADVICE.

GJB, TRY FORD-DIESEL.COM, you'll find all the info you'll need over there. Good luck!

3. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Junior Member

I Have owned 2 PSD and I just ordered my 3rd (2001 Crewcab lariet) The Ford (International) have a great track record in my book. I have had no problems with the motors. Remember to change the tranny fluid often. The mileage is great for towing/plowing compared to a gasser and you will get most of the money back when you trade it in or sell it. I looked at the Duramax (Chevy) and have heard good things but they are hard to find So i have chosen to stick with what I have had good luck with. My father owns a large construction compay and he has had about 50-60 Psd in the last few years. We have never had any real problems with any of them. Remeber what I said about the Transmissions. also make shure that your air+fuel filters are changed often. They seem to get real crappy Mileage if they start to get dirty.

4. GJB

GJB Junior Member

transmission

ENZOFORZA, I am looking at getting a manual transmission. Are you saying to change the fluid often in a manual or are you referring to an automatic?