1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 F-250 Crew Cab S/B + 7.5' Meyer + SnowEx 1075

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by beverlylawncare, Nov 22, 2006.

1. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I'm selling my truck as a package deal. I will NOT separate (I have a local buyer if I wanted to take off plow and spreader).

2001 F250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4. All power options. Has tow package with brake controller. Truck has the 5.4 gas engine and automatic transmission. She just turned 94,000 miles today. I bought it in June of 2005 and installed the plow and spreader then (it has never actually pushed snow - I put down maybe 1.5 tons of salt last winter). It has Procomp shocks on it and I added a leaf up front to make her extra beefy for the plow. It has a K&N filter in it which was cleaned out at 90,000 miles, and a Flowmaster exhaust. This is my personal truck as well as work (I don't have crews that tear the truck up!)

I have a 7.5' Meyer poly plow with the E-60 pump. Plow is 4 years old (was on my F150 7700 before this truck). I'd say the plow has pushed a dozen lots for 3 or 4 snows max, we just don't get much snow in Louisville, KY. Also included is the SnowEx 1075 pivot mount spreader, which was used 3 winters. Both plow and spreader have been serviced each winter.

The truck has an Ecco 4 strobe system with selectable brightness and flash pattern which stays on the truck. It also has an Ecco self-sensing backup alarm with a switch on the dash to turn it off (so as not to offend neighbors at 3am). I bought the truck used, but know the first owner of it personally. He leased it for about a year or so then turned it in and it had an owner between he and I.

I just put a new battery in it (in prep for the winter) as well as Uniroyal Load range E tires. The only reason I'm selling is because I'm going to go back to a work truck for everyday use and a wagon when I'm not working. (family is growing again)

For more info, email, pm (I only get on here maybe 2 times a week though) or call me and I'll tell you more about it. I looked up numbers on the truck and NADA trade in is $15,200, I figure the other goodies are worth at least $3,500, so I'm looking somewhere in the $18,700 neighborhood. I have some more pics but they won't resize very well.

Email or Call me for more info! jtbeverly@bellsouth.net or (502) 459-5296.

Thanks,
    Justin

250 snow ready small2_00.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  2. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Price Reduction

I'm knocking $1200 off the price. $17,500. I'm needing to sell this truck to settle some other things out. If interested, email justin@beverlylawncare.com or call me at (502) 459-5296.

Justin

3. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Still for sale - $15,500

So I've used it all summer, its got 104k miles on it, brakes were done at 102k, tires at 97k. I'm needing $15,500 for it set up. If interested, call me at (502) 459-5296.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

No offense... but at least to me (and alot of people here) the fact it's been almost a year and you still haven't sold it! That would have me thinking whats wrong with the truck...

5. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Ok, to clarify why I didn't push it last year, you see my last posting was the day after Christmas. Well in January I had my youngest son born, who spent two and a half weeks in the intensive care, clinging for his life the first week. Once he came home, I didn't really care to focus my attention on selling the truck, but to spend time with him. Once March rolled around, I didn't think there would be much of a market for a truck with a plow and spreader. So I used it (lightly, as only 10k miles have been put on in a year) to keep my business going.

Does this help explain things everyone? Hope so.

6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hope your son's doing better. Nice truck. Best of wishes on the sale.

7. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Pete, he's doing better now, was in the hospital again in October. He made a milestone - all 5 days in daycare last week without getting sick! :) First time in almost 3 months thats happened! Thank God for being self employed and able to work around his illnesses.

I wasn't trying to come across as harsh, but it kills me how some folks on here try and dig on people as often as possible. For the record, not a thing wrong with the truck, a ding here or there, thats about it. You have something for sale for more than a week and all of a sudden there is something wrong with it or people assume its overpriced.

But anyway, thanks for showing there are some people with hearts out there to help balance the others out.

8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

is it a V-10 or a 5.4?

9. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

5.4, and on a technicality, it actually rolled 105k yesterday. Just didn't want anyone to think I wasn't being honest about the truck. :)

10. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Hey Justin I talked to you a few days ago about checking out your truck. Let me know when is a good time for you.

Jay 6097753

11. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Jay, I'll try and get in touch with you on Tuesday or Wednesday.

12. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Still available

Still available, not getting much use down here this winter, thats for sure!

13. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Honestly, put it on Ebay. Check out other auctions for your reserve price and be realistic about your pricing. Keep in mind that your truck is very nice, but as soon as you put a plow on it it scares most people.

Just a bit of help, not trying to offend.

Toyman

14. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I agree..........Thats why I would separate the plow and spreader. If someone asks if you plowed, tell em the truth, but with the mount taken off, I bet they won't even ask.

Best of luck.

15. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Still for sale! $15,500 I'm even throwing in the Leer Fiberglass Bedlid. I'll upload pics later that are before I am sending it to detail shop (not a dirty truck!)

PM or email!

Truck & boys 017.jpg

16. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member