1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 F-250 5.4 /8' Western Ultra $5,500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Dstosh, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

2001 F-250 Gas 5.4 94,570 Miles

The Good:

2 New Exhaust Manifolds in the last year One in Jan 2012 Other in Aug 2012
    Rear Brakes (Pads/Calipers/Rotors) In Jan 2012
    Front Brakes (Pads/Calipers/Rotors) In Aug 2012
    New Alternator Dec 2011
    New Starter/Starter Solonoid Aug 2012
    New Power Steering Lines Dec 2012
    New Steering Box Dec 2012
    New Tranny Lines-2010
    L/O/F on 12/14/2012 Including Air Filter
    Tires 60-70%
    Locking hubs are free and easy to turn.
    Good Running Truck

The Bad:

Body is kinda rough. Its a work truck. Not your typical "Plowsite show truck" It looks like the PO undercoated the lower parts of the truck then painted over it. Never bothered me.
    The Rear doors need a little attention They dont always open.
    I put a different bed on it. The owner of that bed had a gooseneck. the bed is a little rotted out. I put a piece of 3/4 Plywood between the wheel wells.

SES Soon Light is on. It needs two oxygen sensors. I am going to fix this this up coming week.

I have a tailgate, Just need hardware to mount it to the bed. I didnt change it in time before the original bed got scrapped.

Salt dogg is in good shape. New spinner motor this year and new auger motor in 2011 Has black digital readout controller. That was new in Nov of 2011. I have old dial style controller that took a dump.You can have that too.

8'Ultra mount is in good shape. Fluid Changed in Nov of 2012 and New hoses in Nov of 2011.

I'll include homemade backrack and whelen mini edge and backup lights.

Asking $5,500/Offer. We worked this truck for a year to work the bugs out. If you are looking for a show queen that you can take pictures with and brag about, please pass. If you are looking for a truck that you can make your money back in a short time, and will start everytime you ask it to, Please PM me

Good truck for your crew. You know they are going to destroy whatever you give them. Only reason for sale is I have my eye on a reg cab truck.
    I air brushed my logo and dot # off the sides. Not trying to cover anything up

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

Wow this truck should go fast where are you at
  3. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Id be all over this if you were closer. Goodluck on the sale!
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Agree with both above posts. You should no problem selling this fast. Free bump for a good deal!
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Where is the truck??

What shape are tires in??
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to have a SD like that for plowing, I wouldn't care what I hit
  7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Truck is located 30 min North of Buffalo.

Tires are 60-70% I'll take a picture today and you can be the judge. I personally wouldn't hesitate run them this winter and all next summer.
  8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member