1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 expedition?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Apr 25, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The rearward visibility of them is rather poor to say the least but they do hold a plow rather well for being of the "soccer mom" vehicle stature. A set of Timbrens, a little rear ballast and a few turns on the T-bars and most would be surprised at how well they work.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Just put a standard 7.5 plow on it. Don't go heavy duty 4 springer because they are heaver. It should have the 130 amp alternator, I would add the biggest battery that will fit the shelf. Make sure it has the towing transmission cooler in front of the radiator. If you can use mirrors to drive and back it's not that hard to plow with it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's an '00 Expedition I installed a used 7.5 PRO POLY Ultramount on last fall. Customer reported that it plowed and handled the added weight better than his '97 F250 LD with the same comparable rear ballast.

100_1083 (Small).JPG

5. the new boss 92

thanks bnb, now what mount do i use, a f-150 mount or a expedition mount? i have heard many different used, but dont know the right one still!

6. the new boss 92

i also didnt know if i would hold the weight of a full sized plow like my 1/2 chevy considering the soccer mom sinero. well you guys have any pictures of it with the plow up or angled?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You just use a standard issue '97-'03 F150 mount. Bolts right up the same as an F150.

Here's a pic of it with the plow in the air....

100_1086 (Small).JPG

8. the new boss 92

thanks b&b good help