1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Durango SLT 7.6 Fisher SD

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by asphaltwarrior1, Feb 18, 2014.

1. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

004.jpg

Norway Auto and Plow Newport NY

004.jpg

2. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Wow. Never seen a Durango with a plow. I have seen about anything else lol. Cool stuff

3. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

I plowed 17 driveways and one small lot two days ago and it only cost me 37 dollars in gas..lol Woop Woop..

4. NorwayAutoPlow

NorwayAutoPlow Junior Member

Pleasure doing business with you! Enjoy the plow and we'll see you for the annual service.

5. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Any updates on how the Durango is holding up this snow season? Not there is much snow now.

6. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Man I wish there was some snow to plow lol..... The Durango so far has shown no signs of trouble other then a power issue when I turn the blower fan up the power temporarily flickers on the hand held control. I think the power issue might be just that the wires for the controler are routed over or near the fan motor wires and picking up some interference.I have done some more suspension upgrades like heavier duty ball joints and also replaced the front drive shaft prop joint. None of which were bad due to plow. I know this because the prop joint was already needing replacement but I held off as long as I dared. The upper ball joints were just bad due to the fact that the boots were worn off and grease would not stay in. I love the fact that it plows so effortlessly, yet I do dislike the visibility issues. I don't pln to use the Durango on a full time commercial basis so the Visibility is not a factor towards a new plow vehicle at this time.

7. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Do you have additional pictures of the Durango with the snow plow? I am thinking of picking up a 2003 in the same body style as you got.

8. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Let me take a few pics and post them up for ya in the next couple days. Thanks for the interest and I will get back to ya

9. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Ended up picking up a 2003 Dodge Durango SLT. Leather is pristine condition. Waiting on dealer to fix a few things like check engine light and the 2nd and 3rd row HVAC since it was not blowing out hot air when I test drove it with my wife.

10. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

What tires are you running? I ordered some Winterforce tires and waiting on tire dealer to have them in stock.

12. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

tried to get pics direct upload but photobucket is down.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  13. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Kenda Klever M/T 265/75/16's

14. ljbconst

ljbconst Junior Member

Did u do anything to the front suspension to support the weight of the plow? Crank the t-bars or helpers? how much counter weight do u use? Almost finished with my 99 Durango and tips would be appreciated , thanks

15. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

I cranked the torsion bars 8 turns each side for 2 inches of lift, then added Ranch RS500 shocks . I use approx 80-160 lbs of ballast just because but does great without. basically one huge bag or two of rock salt and your good. It plows like a beast and works great in tight spots.

16. ljbconst

ljbconst Junior Member

Awesome thanks for the reply ,your dodge looks great by the way

17. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

ljb did you look at the pics? It drops less then an inch from that side pic. I am still waiting on doing the rear shackles and Rancho RS5000's out back as well. After I do that I might add a spreader on the back for the small stuff.

18. ljbconst

ljbconst Junior Member

Nice , mine drops 2-3" when plow is raised, just painted the blade las night waiting for paint to dry , I adapted an old conventional Meyer st -78 with the e-47 pump , other than the fact had to remove the grill from the hood and bumper ( will have to adapt the grill to be stationary as won't clear the mount) it fits pretty Nicely , haven't cranked the t bars yet but with your suggestion I will crank them before putting the plow back on ,as yours is a 01 would assume u have the 4.7?

19. ljbconst

ljbconst Junior Member

Any alignment issues after cranking the bars?

20. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Yup the 4.7 and it is plenty. No alignment issues after cranking the bars. I am running those tires since las Feb, and they are 50 plus % still there and wearing fine. No uneven wear or cupping what so ever. The Fisher being newer is designed for the Durango, and mine has the grill fixed to the hood factory. Jack the front end up so the tires are both off the ground at the same time it helps with cranking the bars. 8 full turns and stop drop compress front end and check ride height.