1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Duramax 2500HD X-cab 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Jan 24, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Also selling my 01. Whichever goes first, I'll keep the other one.

Its an 01 2500HD with a 6.6 Duramax and an Allison 1000 trans. LS with leather. I recently replaced the carpet with a rubber floor. It has PW, PL, CD, etc. 4 opening doors with new lower latches installed by the dealer in the rear doors. The lower rockers are coated in white bedliner coating. A DIY job and not that nicely done. The truck is from MI so it has seen a life of winters. It's not as cosmetically nice as my other trucks (ftrom TX) but still a pretty nice truck. Interior is very nice with some wear on the front leather.

I just had a new top end done on the motor. New remanned heads, head gaskets, all top end related gaskets, thermostats, etc. While it was apart I had injectors and cup sleeves done as well. I also had a new fuel pressure regulator done while it was apart, along with a water pump and starter. These are all items that are common for an LB7 a lot of labor and $$ to do, so I had it all done while the shop was in the engine already. It has about 2k miles on the rebuild so far and it runs and drives like new. it gets driven daily. The truck itself has 254k miles, but with basically most wearable items replaced.

It just finished up at the dealer for new brakes, calipers, lines, hub bearing assy's etc. They also put on a new A/C compressor and fuel sending unit.

I've literally put in excess of $10k into this truck in the last few months.

The snow plow bracket shown is not included in the sale, and although truck side snowplow equipment is not included but can be negotiated in for more $$.

If you deduct repairs on the truck, I'm basically giving the truck away.
    It has the much desired 06 style tow mirrors on it, grille inserts, 03-up style tail lights, etc... I just put $1k worth of BRAND NEW A/T tires on it as well.

Price is $12k

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Boulders look very nice on it.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Good eye and thanks! They are about 6 months old with 08 PYO centers. Wrapped in brand new Hankook AT's. That setup alone new is worth a good penny as many of you know ;)

The truck has new calipers all around and some lines. I plan to put new pads and rotors on all 4 corners soon. Good parts, from NAPA. Also has a cracked windshield that will be replaced. If the potential buyer wants, I can deduct if you'd like to do that stuff yourselves.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bump! Will sell with truckside plow stuff (2 plug MVP) for my asking price! That's about $1k for free. I want to move this truck (or my 05). The one I want to buy is calling my name!!!!!!!

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Thats a good looking truck!!!!! Good luck with the sale, very reasonably priced too. I have the same one and can vouch for this being an awesome ride!!!!

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks Justin