1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 dodge truck bed help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by TazLandscapes, May 18, 2008.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

I have a 2001 dodge 2500 truck with 8 ft bed. couple seasons ago i smashed the left rear up by backing into a tree.last summer i fixed it but it was only temporary and now the welds are breaking where i fixed it.So i want to replace the whole bed altogether.but problem is i cant find a 2500 bed for it.the only beds that i can find are 1500 trucks and 2003 and up trucks.
    would a 1500 series truck bed or 2003 and up truck bed work on a 2500 series truck..

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes the 1500 series bed would be the same. A bed from a 2003 would be a different body style...it may fit but would look funny do to the different style body.