1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 dodge ram plow lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by acerulz, Dec 21, 2009.

1. acerulz

acerulz Junior Member
    from Canada

hello all, new to site. Just finally getting my plow lights mounted on. They are just your run of the mill plow lights with the square light and signal light mounted into it. I am trying to wire in the lights to the factory harness so I can run both the plow lights and the factory lights at the same time as I do lots of night highway driving too. the harness kit I bought isolates the factory lights when hooked up. Looked at a wiring diagram and found that the low and high beam circuit switch on the ground side. Will this mean that I will have to hook up a left and right relay to operate the plow lights? Does anybody have a diagram for this or what pins of the relay will have to be hooked up to switch on the ground?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dont do it!!!!

The circuits in your truck are not heavy enough to run both sets of lights without causing problems.

If your dead set to have both sets of lights work at the same time then wire the plow lights on their own circuit with a seperate switch.