1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 dodge ram bumper cutting for Sno-way 26. Anyone have pics?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tonychavalia, Nov 14, 2011.

1. tonychavalia

tonychavalia Junior Member

I bought a 2001 dodge ram Sport with the larger bumper. The truck has a Sno-way 26 and they did not cut the bumper and it sits really low to the ground. Bottom pins are about 7inch off the ground. The plow is a PIA to get on and off.

If anyone has pics. I have lots of room and to adjust the plow up and will cut the bumper if need be but dont want to cut more than I need to or have it look like crap when the plow is off.

Thanks in advance.

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

sorry for not getting back find a guy on here by the name of basher he is a sno-way dealer he may help you out. And is customer service A+ from what I am told

3. tonychavalia

Thanks for the reply. I have dealt with Basher before he helped me out with a manual for an old Sno-way Fenner Manual.

I may get a standard bumper so i dont have to cut mine but i may do the 2500 springs so i can get the nose 2inch higher and level the truck.

I put mine on for the first time and its a pain and requires some fiddling to not tear up the bumper.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the picture albums on my facebook page. There are pictures of a lot of trucks with trimmed facias. Not positive yours it there but maybe something close.

5. tonychavalia

Basher,

Thanks for the reply. Ive already checked your facebook but not really what im looking for.
    On Chevy and Ford they typically have a chrome bumper with removable air dam on the older ones or the newer ones have a lower fascia that's integrated with the bumper but can be made to look decent.

On the Dodge Ram Sport the bumper is rather large and all one piece of plastic.

I have searched for hours and have only found no Sport models and most are carrying RED, Yellow or Orange plow. I have not found any Sno-Way plows mount ed.

My truck is bright red if it was black it would be easier to blend in with the mount. I dont want the cut to look like some shade tree backwoods BS.