1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 - Cummins Diesel - with or without Western Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mferrari, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mferrari

mferrari Member

Posting up my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. Mechanic owned. Has the 24v cummins motor with about 150k. The transmission is still in the shop but will be freshly rebuilt by the end of the week. Has upgraded input shaft, valve body, as well as a dual disk converter. The truck has a leveling kit on the front and has new BFG AT tires (285s). I just put on a gooseneck hitch in the bed a couple months back (was pulling a 24ft trailer with 1-2 vehicles on it, nothing very heavy). Has a 3 pod gauge cluster (boost, trans, EGT) so you can tow safely. The only program the truck has and ever had is the Edge EZ programmer. I re-did the sound system as soon as I got the truck ($2,600 system), has an in-dash TV, component Polk speakers in the door powered by a Polk amp, and a JL sub under the rear seat. Truck also sports a large single 8" black stack in the back (also have a Banks 4" exhaust system as well).

It is a great truck, I have been using it as my daily driver the last few years. I get 22 mpg unload on the highway and 14 towing. The truck will pull my gooseneck at 75mph and not miss a beat. The only reason I am selling the truck is because I will be buying a motorhome to use with my race team for events out of state.

If your interested please call 443-951-5337 (do not text, this is a land line phone) or e-mail me at mferrari@delmarvaoffroad.com.

I also am selling the 24ft gooseneck trailer as well for $5,000 or $18,000 for truck and trailer. I have a Western snow plow as well I will include for an extra $1,500.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mferrari

mferrari Member

Up, $14,500

3. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

How much for truck and plow..

4. mferrari

mferrari Member

5. lairprolawns

lairprolawns Junior Member

you still got this truck?

6. mferrari

mferrari Member

We have decided not to sell it right now.

7. mferrari

mferrari Member

Putting this back up right now. No stack, full 4" exhaust with banks muffler. 165k on it now. Just changed all the fluids, rotated tires, and fuel filter.

Deal is $17,000 with the plow right now. $21,000 with contracts in the Salisbury area (turn key business, make $5,000 or more in one storm).

The deal maker... New legislation will allow you to write off the entire truck on this years taxes if you buy before the 1st of the year!

8. mferrari

mferrari Member

Bump for the new year

9. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Still buying a camper Mike or another truck?

10. mferrari

mferrari Member

Not 100% sure right now.

11. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

what are you looking to get for the truck now?

12. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Heres where it is now.

13. mferrari

mferrari Member

Thanks Tom. Pricing is as he quoted. I do have a thing for Jeeps and noticed you had a CJ in your sig, could definately take that as a partical trade.

14. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

if you end up selling truck without plow let me know..would like complete

15. mferrari

mferrari Member

Sent you a PM

16. hauler1000

hauler1000 Junior Member

Not for nothing but how do you put 15,000 more miles on a truck and ADD $1,000 to the price. that doesn't make any sense.

17. mferrari

mferrari Member

Plow truck in July vs plow truck in the middle of winter. Simple supply and demand my friend.

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Umm.. okay- but it's still a 10 year old truck with 165K on it... and it was used for plowing...

I mean, if you can get that price- good for you! I just wouldn't expect it, that's all.

19. mferrari

mferrari Member

Includes a Blizzard LP-8 salt spreader that has been used 3 times. Has variable speed controller as well.

Also throwing in the brand new SoundOff Mini Pinnacle light bar.

20. mferrari

mferrari Member

Bumping this back up. Season is coming to a wrap, price is neg. I am looking to switch to a dually to tow my new race trailer. If you have a dually we can definately work something out.