1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Dhouse, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

2001 Dodge 2500 HD with plow and spreader $12,000

4x4, automatic trans, V8 5.9 liter, towing package, bed liner, 7' 6" western plow, Airflo salt spreader. Rebuilt trans in 2005. Its a work truck so it has some dents and scratches.

01 dodge 1.JPG

Dodge 02.JPG

Dodge 04.JPG

Dodge 05.JPG

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the mileage?

3. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

Sorry, forgot to put that - 64,590

4. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Why the $5k price difference between the 01 Chevy you're selling and this one?

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

That is what I was wondering too.

Is the Chevy still available for sale?

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Lower miles? Not as beat? Plus its a chev

7. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

If 40k miles difference and the fact that its a Chevy vs.a Dodge is worth $5k, then I want to know. Here would be a good example of apples to apples (even if it's macintosh vs. granny smith). We talk about our preferences all the time and people are quite passionate about it. Well here is a prime example of resale values in action. For the record, I think the price on each is good and fair. Sorry for the hijack.

How does each truck handle a full spreader BTW? They would both be over the gvwr, but I would bet the plow on the front helps. I once drove an F250 2WD with a fully loaded V-box. I promptly bought an F350 dually!

8. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

The ASKING price between the two trucks is only $3500. The chevy I was asking $8500, but got $7500 for it. The asking price for the Dodge is $12,000 because of less miles and less issues with the truck. I priced it out through blue book on both trucks and this is what I came up with. I needed to sell the chevy right away and so I lowered the price to move it out. The dodge, I don't need to sell right away. I hope I answered your questions.