1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge 3/4 Cummins whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Easygn, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Easygn

Easygn Junior Member

I have a 2001 Dodge CTD Ext cab short box 4x4 with 7.5 Western Pro Plow and Unimount used one season. 125,000 miles. Auto Laramie, 3:55 gears. Thinking of getting a new one. Want a six speed and 4 doors. Is this still a wanted vehicle? In Wisconsin if your interested.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same truck...Tried trading it off with 116,000 miles and no plow! They would only give me $6000.00 for it! Fully loaded sport package truck in good shape to

3. Easygn

Easygn Junior Member

OWIE. That is a tough one. Let me see. This truck will hang around for 200,000 more miles and someone said it was worth an ATV? LOL. I think it will be worth keeping for a long time for that price.

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I got $10.5K out of my 2000 CTD with 127k miles.

5. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

I was just offered 15k at the dealer the other day on my 99 2500 ext cab with 82k on it no plow. i think it's all in where you look.

6. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

wow for $6-8K I would think you would keep it in order to make money off a truck with plenty of life in it.

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i traded my 01 2500 reg cab diesel 6 speed with a 8 ft fisher with 135k for a new one and they gave me 13000. that was when the truck market was still good though. still i think yours is worth at least 10k on a trade, maybe 12 or 13k private.:nod:

8. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

If it is clean and trouble free 10-13K. Depending on the colour and the interior wear. Just saw a 2001 CTD 4x4 Auto with 60k miles in nearly perfect condition for $13 900 canadian. If the truck was white I would of bought it. It was black on siver and sold in 2 days.

Seems to me the trucks in Wisconsin have much less rust than here in Ontario. Almost made a trip to Green Bay to pick up a 94 CTD. Ex mark was given the bend over ## where the dealer was going to make $$ off of both units. Remember the dealers are there to make money, so don't expect a fair price on trade. Some times they will depending on the proffit on the deal.

DAFF

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I'll give you $6,000 ;)

10. Easygn

Easygn Junior Member

Nice NBI, lol. If I had your money I would give mine away, lol.

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Fine you can keep the plow :D

Seriously though it sounds like a nice truck, should be able to sell it for lower teens. Put it on this site for sale... see if anyone bites :salute:

12. nsportello

nsportello Junior Member

how much would u want for it ?

13. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

diesels are wroth **** right now, my truck in the winter was easy 11k right now maybe 6?

14. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

If you will post some pics and an idea what you want I may be interested!