1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 dodge 2500 5.9

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 00bluegtp, Nov 9, 2010.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I am going to look at a truck thats forsale wich is the one in the title. It has 89,000k on it and it has a fisher mm2 setup. Is there common problems with this truck that i should know about and to look for when i go take a look at it?

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Watch out for the lift pump and injector pumps in this era. If it has a fass or low fuel pressure light guage then this is a plus. 01.5 trucks had rear disks and stopped better. Also they rotted in the front fenders rear quarters and bottoms of the doors. Trans were also somewhat soft in this era too. A handshaker would be plus, but not so great for plowing.

This was the noisy engine and sounded awsome!!!! Not great on fuel.... expecially with the 4.10 rear ends.

3. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

thank you for the info... I checked it out and it had a lot of rust and honestly i dont want to buy anyone elses problems. im going to keep on looking as i have a truck its just getting too small.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

IMO look for a high miler.... 03 and up. Install your own used or new blade. The newer trucks have really droped in price and and all around better than the 94-02's out of the box. Also the newer ones seem to hold up better to the rust.