1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 Suspension

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by siteseer2010, Nov 1, 2011.

1. siteseer2010

siteseer2010 Junior Member

I just bought a 2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 (gas) with a 7.5ft fisher plow. It has new socks all the way around and new coils on the front. With the plow on it drops approx 6" in the front. Would diesel coils help this and would I need new shocks? I know it would be a rougher ride but I would change them when I switch back to lawn care in the spring.

THanks

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Just get a leveling kit for it or see if you can put 3500 or 4500 springs on the front. Mine doesnt drop that much, springs should be the same regardless of diesel or gas engines.

3. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Actually, the springs are different in the diesels and trucks with the V-10 than those that came with the 5.9 V-8 due to the difference in weight. The diesel coils will be a little stiffer and should give you 1.5 - 2" of lift in the front of your truck.